Research & Development
For employers and HR professionals, these standards assist with:
- Creating accurate job descriptions;
- Developing training programs;
- Assessing employee performance; and
- Planning for new positions and succession.
For educators and instructors, these standards serve as the framework around which to build the content of programs by:
- Developing a strategic view of future learning requirements;
- Updating curriculum and evaluation tools;
- Identifying group or organizational training needs;
- Identifying common and transferable skills in the occupation; and
- Improving the relationship between formal training and industry needs.